Re: Why Gnome-Nautilus is very slow compared to KDE Konqueror?

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 10:15 -0700, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 09:48 +0200, Agostino Manzato wrote:
> > I'm using GNOME (2.20.0)
>
> That is from 4 years ago, hence I won't spend time comparing something
> in the ancient past.

And even then, GNOME responsiveness was comparable or better than KDE’s,
so there is definitely something wrong with this setup.

If you really want to stick with such an old distribution, you need to
look for the performance bottleneck. If it’s the network bandwidth, you
might want to try with a network-friendly theme like Mist, but given
what you describe it’s probably something else. In the end you might
just see the problems fixed by upgrading.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :