Re: more thoughts on compact view

On Mi, 18.07.2012 15:05, Adam Dingle wrote:

>It would be great if the split pane view could also be a plugin.

I'm not so sure it's it's possible with the stripped-down architecture
that Nautilus got now. A view is something rather high in the
architecture stack (in Nautilus-speak, something that lives inside of a
slot). A pane, however, is a layer below that - many slots live (well,
used to live) in a pane.

In fact, I think having this layer actually makes the architecture
better than just dumping all stuff directly into a window.

Would it be possible to at least bring this architectural design back?

And what's the state about pluggable compact view anyways? Any
decisions made?

Holger