Re: Disable nautilus setting the wallpaper

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 12:14 +0100, Marco wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> how  to convince  nautilus not  to draw  a wallpaper?  The
> option --no-deskop does exactly this, but also the desktop
> icons disappear. I'd  like to have desktop  icons, but the
> wallpaper is  set using  another application  and nautilus
> messes up with this.

Hi Marco,

there's no way to do this with Nautilus.
You can either choose to have Nautilus managing the desktop icons, and
draw the wallpaper in that case, or have it leaving the desktop alone
completely (this is the default setup used in GNOME, where the wallpaper
is drawn by gnome-settings-daemon).

Cosimo