[help]desktop lanucher doesn't work when login as a non-root user

Hi Guys:
I am using Suse Linux (sles10sp4 ) , and met a strange issue.

Now there is a same launcher “firefox.desktop” in root user’s desktop directory and non-root user’s .

when login as a non-root user , double-click any desktop launchers for example: firefox.desktop  , It doesn’t work .

but I login as root , double-click the desktop launcher can work normally,

sles10sp4:/usr/share/doc/packages/eel # rpm -q nautilus
nautilus-2.12.2-64.62.18

I found when I login as a non-root user , single-click the desktop launcher, ~/.xsession-errors report :
I/O error :permission denied.

right-click the desktop launcher, show the filetype:text , and Mimetype is text  too.

when I new add a user , and swith to the new user, the issue still existed.

now, how I find which file ‘s permission is wrong ? It seems  a permission question, but

-rw-r--r--  1 nmsuser users 3236 2011-02-16 02:19 MozillaFirefox.desktop

shows normally.

How will I trouble-shooting the issue?