Re: Reload icon in Nautilus after run a Python extension

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Mark <maacub gmail com> wrote:
> Hi! I was searching a lot about this problem, but I didn't find a solution
> :(
>
> I created a Nautilus extension (in python) with:
> http://projects.gnome.org/nautilus-python
>
> This is a little example:
> http://crunchbanglinux.org/pastebin/1869
> This extension just changed the icon for the 'Document' folder.
> The PROBLEM is that I must to reload Nautilus for see the new icon changed.
>
> I think I must to use the method
> Nautilus.info_provider_update_complete_invoke (http://ur1.ca/acmh5)
> But I think I'm doing something wrong, it isn't work:
> http://crunchbanglinux.org/pastebin/1868
>
> Any help, please? Thanks in advance! :)
> Mark.
> --

Hi,

As far as the nautilus "C" extension is concerned, if you have to
request nautilus to reload the status of a file/folder one must call
nautilus  nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info(NautilusFileInfo
*fileinfo).
I am not much familiar with nautilus python extension, I guess you
must use " invalidate_extension_info".

Thanks,
-Sandeep