no item in the "Open" menu for a "desktop" file with "NoDisplay=true"

Hi.

After upgrading Nautilus 3.6→3.8 the menu item "MPlayer Media Player" disappeared from the context "Open" menu of Nautilus. A research has showed that this is because "/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop" has "NoDisplay=true". The specification
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html
states: {{{
NoDisplay
means "this application exists, but don't display it in the menus". This can be useful to e.g. associate this application with MIME types, so that it gets launched from a file manager (or other apps), without having a menu entry for it (there are tons of good reasons for this, including e.g. the netscape -remote, or kfmclient openURL kind of stuff).
}}}
It states that "[a program] gets launched from a file manager". I agree that "this application exists, but don't display it in the menus" is confusing, because it *is* displayed in a menu --- in the context menu. But we all understand this mistake, isn't it?

So, what do we do now? Ask to correct the mistake in the specification, and, probably, revert the behavior of Nautilus to its previous state?