Places in nautilus / modify / missing Desktop

Dear list,

I am using Arch linux nautilus 3.10.0-1 (language is German) and nautilus shows these places on the left (I see the German names):
Recent
Pictures
Downloads
Music
Videos
Trash

What I am missing is "Desktop" as I use this location often and can't find any option to modify places and add Desktop.

Is this an intended behavior or am I missing something?

I already checked the archives of this list, Gnome help and was searching the web for that but could not find anything.

Additionally I am wondering as ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs contains an entry XDG_DESKTOP_DIR and Desktop is not displayed in places.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ralph