Exclude thumbnailing folders

Hi everyone,

I have enjoyed using gnome shell since it came out, and would like to first thank you for your great work.

This is my first time posting on the list, but I was wondering if anyone suggested the following:

Being able to disable nautilus from thumbnailing certain folders, which wold help in reducing CPU time for known problematic folders with too many files

I saw some people ask the same question online, but no reply, but this can also be developped into something more:

1 - Nautilus can also have the extra option of analyzing the folder according to certain criteria, such as number of files, etc, and behave accordingly, and decide to thumbnail or not, or use lower quality thumbnails

2 - Can even prompt the user what to do, since the folder meets the criteria set

Thank you for your time :-)