Re: Nautilus File List Appearance (3.26 Debian Stretch)

I recall this blog post from a few years ago https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/05/06/tweaking-a-the-gtk-theme-using-css/

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 5:36 PM, mark via nautilus-list <nautilus-list gnome org> wrote:
I found a solution that works without compliling from source. I'm sending it to the list in-case it's useful for someone else. The solution involves applying a theme and making a small modification to it.

1. git clone https://github.com/Jazqa/adwaita-tweaks.git ~/.themes/'Adwaita Tweaks'
(home page for this theme is here: https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1179399/)

2. The theme can be selected using the Gnome Tweak Tool. Under Appearance, Theme, GTK+ select Adwaita Tweaks

3. edit ~/.themes/'Adwaita Tweaks'/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

4. Remove this section:

.nautilus-window treeview .view {
color: #232729;
background: #FFFFFF;
border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(232, 232, 232, 1);
}

You could also remove just everything after the @import line.

5. Save then restart Gnome Shell by Alt-F2 and r.