Re: recent items list

Hello,

thanks for your message. I actually could reproduce your observations,
but only the very first time I tried to. Later on, nautilus behaves as
expected - most recently changed file go to the very top of the list.

At the control "visible columns" I set "date changed" to "visible" -
could it be the case that this may have helped?

Furthermore, I did some more testing on my PDF problem, with
interesting results:

* latest Gedit files always appear at top of the list, so do PDFs
created from gedit with the printer driver
* Inkscape files do as expected - no matter whether svg oder pdf or a
png export
* Scribus files do not at all appear - sla as well as pdf
* FreeCAD files do not appear - neither generic FreeCAD, nor export
formats like step, amf, stl etc

It seems that the "recent items instance" in GNOME (my guess is, that
this is the responsible bit) needs some impulse from all the apps
saving files.

At the present state, I get the impression that on my machine the
"recent files" feature is of limited usefulness. Could please more
experienced fellows comment on that?

Cheers,
Wolf