Re: Cisco VPN config files converter

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 12:25 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 23:12 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > As I didn't fancy entering all this data by hand in GConf, and that I
> > realised I couldn't write Perl to save my life, I wrote this little C
> > program to parse .PCF files from the Cisco VPN Client, and feed the data
> > into GConf.
> >
> > As I haven't done quite enough work on making sure the keynames, and
> > data that gets in GConf is sane, I didn't make it write to GConf
> > directly. If David fancies, I'll integrate this into his VPN properties
> > thingo as an import utility.

Awesome stuff!

> I think that would be great. I think maybe we just want a button "Import
> from file..." in this dialog:
>
>  http://people.redhat.com/davidz/nm-vpn-properties.png
>
> and then the entries would be automatically set?

Can we just import them automatically on the first run of this dialog.

Do something like:
	First Run of config dialog
	---------------------------------
	| Would you like to import these|
	| configurations from Cisco VPN?|
	| [x]	RH Bos			|
	| [x]	RH RDU			|
	| [x]	RH STU			|
	| 		[Cancel]  [OK]	|
	---------------------------------
	Import all checked options

The first time you run this dialog, if you've been using Cisco VPN it
would be nice to just offer to get all those options back so the person
doesn't have to work through anything else.  Maybe it even makes more
sense to run this dialog from the nm-applet instead of waiting for the
person to run the VPN configurations.

Perhaps you could then offer the option to "Import Cisco VPN Connections
to vpnc" (from the drop-down list of VPNs) give the same import options
as above.  Just thinking out loud for this part.

Cheers,
~ Bryan