Re: A couple of minor issues

On Thursday 28 December 2006 11:53, Peter Roediger wrote:
> Alright, but wouldn't it be way smarter to just scan for wireless networks
> on unplugging the wired network? Then it would connect immediately and
> automatically to the preferred network without any user interaction.
> This is something that probably needs to be changed in nm itself but not in
> the applet...

I would have thought so.  After all, on my system I would expect that it had
probably already connected to the wireless before detecting a cable in the
wired connection.  The wireless is automatically taken down when a valid
connection is found on the wired interface, so it seems logical to try to
restore it if the wired interface goes away.
--
derek