Re: Errors running current SVN code

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 07:43 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> We could provide mapping functions, but this is mostly for the D-Bus
> object paths for objects.  HAL UDIs have / in them, which are object
> paths.  I'm not sure using HAL UDIs as our device object paths instead
> would be clearer, or more confusing, not to mention violating the object
> path naming scheme :)  I don't really think that having a readable
> object path is that interesting here though, since you have to call
> other functions (getProperties, etc) to do anything useful with it.

HAL uses UDIs for dbus object paths, so it doesn't violate the naming
scheme. Both HAL udi and NM device represent the exact same device, why
should their names be different? I would also remove all the properties
from NMDevice DBUS interface that already exist in HAL DBUS interface,
so NMDevices would be sort of inherited from HAL devices (or just
implement a different interface for the _same_ device). It would make NM
be part of a bigger picture rather than being a standalone app.

Tambet