Re: Singe DES encryption should be enabled

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

>> I think we really want to expose as many of the command line options in
>> the gui that we sanely can.  Make sure all our defaults are reasonable,
>> but allow people to tweak if necessary.
>>
>> I think following the logic of your previous comments and changing the
>> vpn interface such that required goes back to being a normal panel.  We
>> add a small advanced options button on the bottom left of the dialog.
>> This will open a modal window organized by tabs for all the different
>> options that are supported.
>>
>> I will try and mock up some screenshots when I have some free time.
>
> That would be much appreciated.

In that case I'd suggest the following name for this option in the UI:

  Enable Extremely Insecure You'll-be-sorry Weak VPN Encryption

Just my $0.02 as a member of the IETF Security Area Directorate.

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available