Re: Frequent Disconnects

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 08:52 -0400, Patrick Hi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this question is exactly appropriate for this
> mailinglist, but my computers experience frequent disconnects (and
> sometimes reconnects) from my WPA network while they are booted into
> linux and using nm. In windows they do not disconnect, leading me to
> believe it's related to linux in some way. I've been looking
> at /var/log/syslog, and it contains lots of information about the
> disconnects, but I can't tell what it means or what to do about it.

3mb of logfiles surely aren't going to make it through to the list :)
Best to post them somewhere and send a link.

In any case, are you moving around at all?  In your first log file, you
connect at 8:17, then:

Jul 15 08:19:15 localhost NetworkManager:
<information>^Iwpa_supplicant(6734): Wireless event: new AP:
00:00:00:00:00:00

and the driver appears to get angry with you, since it disconnects you
again during the association a couple of times.  About all we can do
right now is try to get debug output from the driver itself to find out
why it's sending disconnection events to userspace.

Dan