Re: Trick Applet or Create Connection with script?

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 18:46 -0400, Brian Cardarella wrote:
> I'm connecting via PPTP using wvdial. So of course in Gnome this means
> that every application doesn't work because Network Manager is saying
> I'm not connected to the internet (even though I am). Is there a way
> to either trick Network Manager into thinking I'm connected to the
> internet or does Network Manager accept scripts for creating
> connections? I need this behavior because I'm using a mobile modem and
> it will connect with a udev rule when it is hotplugged. Any help would
> be appreciated.

NetworkManager supports mobile broadband cards; I use one all the time.
Do you want this enabled at system boot time, or is it sufficient to
have it brought up after you've logged in?  The autoconnect option might
not work for mobile broadband cards yet, but that's simply a bug and one
we'll fix if it's present.

What card, and what version of hal and hal-info do you have?

Dan