Re: NM with udhcpc

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 09:50 +0530, Mohammed Arafat Kamaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building NM for a embedded linux platform. Since udhcpc is
> available on it, I would like to make use of it instead of dhclient or
> dhcpcd. Also udhcpc is comparatively lighter when compared to
> dhclient/dhcpcd. The compile time options are only available as:
>
>  --with-dhcp-client=dhcpcd|
> dhclient
>                         path to the chosen dhcp client
>

> Has any body cross compiled NM with udhcpc before, is there is any
> patch or other workaround to get this done?

Not to my knowledge, no.  If you'd like to help out and contribute a
backend for udhcpc that would be great; it's not a ton of work but it
does require creating a new subclass for udhcpc, creating the helper to
push the information back to NM if the format is different, and a few
other things.  I can give some direction if that sounds workable to you.

Dan