F17 and 0.9.7.0

I am running Fedora 17 but would like to update to NetworkManager-0.9.7.0. There are src and binary rpms for F18 but it is not practical to use the F18 binaries on F17 so I need to rebuild them on F17 ... no problem ... for NetworkManager itself. But 0.9.7.0 splits out the network-manager-applet into a separate src and binary package. Unfortunately, to build the network-manager-applet package needs NetworkManager-devel and NetworkManager-glib-devel and those packages in turn need the rest of 0.9.7.0 packages and, of course, the NetworkManager-gnome package needs to be removed also.

The only way I can see to build the network-manager-applet package is to:

1. stop NetworkManager

2. yum localinstall the 0.9.7.0 NetworkManager packages and remove the old gnome and gtk packages.

3. build network-manager-applet package and install with yum localinstall or rpm

4. start NetworkManaer

I believe that this will work but is there any other (simpler) way?

Gene