ModemManager serial port lock-files

I have several serial ports in my system but also I have a daemon that is responsible for communication with several devices connected to those serial ports. This daemon runs as root. However when MM starts it tries to find modem via writing to all serial ports registered in the system. That operation break protocols of these devices.

I am thinking of adding support of lock-files to MM. Is it good to add such support in mm-manager.c to test locks, in mm-serial-port to acquire and release those locks?