Re: dhcpv6-problem zteMF823 (Telefnica O2) and alcatel one touch W800Z alias Telekom Speedstick IV

Am Sonntag, 6. Juli 2014, 16:56:20 schrieb Thomas Schäfer:
Hi,

Using nm 0.9.8.8 and dhcp-client ISC 4.2.5.P1 (tried also 4.3.0 from
build.opensuse.org)

Assigning IPv6-DNS-resolvers works in general. (e.g. Fritzbox, a DSL-router;
Vodafone W5101, a mobile router)

I have a problem with some mobile router devices (zte mf823, alcatel one
touch W800Z)

They work with windows. But under Linux the requests time out.

After the discussion about compare traces, I have had no choice. I have to do
the method  try and error.

I found a working minimal  variant of dhclient6 without using NetworkManager.
(default behavior with small dhclient6.conf )

And then I added step by step the options NetworkManager uses.

And my conclusion is:
zte mf823 and alcatel one touch W800Z do not like the following option:

"also request dhcp6.server-id;"

I have no clue about this feature.
Maybe the NetworkManager doesn't ask for, or zte and alcatel (Do they share
the same code base?) fix their firmware.

Regards,
Thomas