Re: Ignore virtual interfaces of WiFi devices

On Mon, 2015-05-25 at 19:39 +0000, Patrick Brauer wrote:
Hello,

I tried to get NetworkManager to ignore a virtual interface i want
to use for a mesh network. I want to have NetworkManager
working on some devices in parallel to the mesh networking setup.
So i tried to list the device name and/or MAC address in
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf like this:

[main]
plugins=keyfile
[keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=mac:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX;interface-name:mesh0

However, this did not work. When i used the MAC address of the mesh0
interface NetworkManager did not care about this setting. When i used
the MAC address of the original device controlled by NetworkManager
before, it ignores both interfaces. Is it somehow possible to ignore
the virtual interface alone? I could guess NetworkManager does this
because it would not know the state of the physical interface at any
time, but i would like to have to deal with that problems by myself.

Which version of NetworkManager is this with?  Also, are you restarting
NM after modifying the config file?

Dan