Re: Dependency on bridge-utils? (pan + bnep)

On Sun, 2017-02-19 at 21:13 -0300, Eduardo Trápani wrote:
Hi,

In order to make bluez 5.23 (Debian Jessie) share the internet
connection via bnep (using Network Manager) I had to install bridge-
utils.

Is that really a dependency for that type of connection? There is a
tutorial[1] on how to set up the connection and we are not sure if we
should update it to ask people to install bridge-utils or not.

Maybe it is something in my system and Network Manager can create the
bridge without brigde-utils.

Thanks, Eduardo

[1]
http://www.ev3dev.org/docs/tutorials/connecting-to-the-internet-via-b
luetooth/

Hi,

NetworkManager has no dependency on bridge-utils/brctl.

You say, you "had to install", so it seems you needed it for bluez?

Thomas