Hi,
  Here is OMG Profile definition
  struct ProfileBody_1_0 {
      Version iiop_version;
      string host;
      unsigned short port;
      sequence <octet> object_key;
  };
  Here host string might be delimited by some vendor specific delimiters such as ':'.

  struct TaggedProfile {
      ProfileId tag;
      sequence <octet> profile_data;
  };
  struct IOR {
    string type_id;
    sequence <TaggedProfile> profiles;
  };
  Here again how to define the end of profile_data is vendor specific.

  Here how can we identify end of one profile
data and the start of other profile?
  There is no size member which can tell the
profile size.
  There is no member which can tell how many
profiles the IOR contains.

  ORBACUS has following format for IOR:
[IDL Type ID] ProfilesCount TypeofProfile LengthofProfileData ProfileData

  But some vendor might think not to include
any size or counts and put some other delimiters

  I wonder despite all this, How the inter operability exists!
  Why OMG hasn't included the profiledatasize member or profile count?
Is such inclusion redundant?
  Thanks,
  Kishor.