Re: Orca Reading contents of Edits and combo's objects.

Hi Sean:

I don't find ORCA always reads the content of Edit or Combo objects
within dialogs.  Such as when you change your preferences in Orca
iteself.  If you press numpad-8 to read the current object.  This
reads where the flat panel cursor is.  Not the contents of the combo
or edit field.

Numpad-8 should read the contents displayed on the current line in the
application, and I just verified this in the Orca preferences dialog.
It might be that the combo box or text area are empty and nothing is
being spoken.  If that's the case, we might need to ask our users what
they expect in these cases.

While I am on the topic of these two controls.  The backspace doesn't
read out the deleted character.

It should!  If it doesn't, one of two things might have happened:

1) We introduced a regression.  :-(

2) The accessible text implementation of the associated component
introduced a regression (or was broken to begin with).

Do you have a specific component in a specific application that shows
this bad behavior?

Also I am having problems using combos.  Under windows, you just press
the down arrow key to open the combo.  I don't seem to find the same
behaviour here.  Do you have to use alt +down to open the combo or
does the down arrow owrk?

"Space" brings a combo box up.  From there, you can arrow around in it.

Hope this helps,

Will