[orca-list] PulseAudio and Ubuntu Hardy

Hello,
First:
I have been using Linux for quite sometime now, though the useage is
primarily have utilized was always a Speakup version of Linux such as
Gentoo.
Not liking Gentoo and it's underhanded configurations, I quickly decided
to check out Ubuntu hardy.
Since I am not at home yet, I have not had time to check out anything just
yet.
First though:
You said in an earlier topic (Hurman I believe) that PulseAudio allows
media files now?
How is this possible?
How does Speech-output handle in PulseAudio?
Also, I have another question though this is quite unrelated to PulseAudio:
How does speech handle is it laggy? In prior versions of Gnome going
through the Gonme driver/Alsa etc, it lagged.
Even on the hard-drive.

The other question:
Is there a specific terminal in Gnome besides Gnome-Terminal?
If there is not, then hear is what I wish to do, and this may be indeed
quite complex to accomplish, so I may require help from the Ubuntu
community at large with this Orca task:
Since Speakup is an older outdated technology (quickly becoming so)
We need or at least I need Orca to: 1.
Link directly through GTK (and it's At-Spy Assistive Technology) and be
able to link into the console so that any and all applications work just
as well as they do under Speakup (taht is)
when backspace is pressed, you hear an "character" echoed, not just "space."
2.With some scripting perhaps, Orca should be configured to work under the
terminal and also speak regardless of logged in user, that is be able to
speak in multi-user environments.
I.e.
If David is logged into the computer, Orca works for David.
If Keith logs into the computer, Orca will still work for Keith regardless
of David being logged in or not:
3.
If David b ecomes Root, Orca continues to speak but this time with root
permissions and yet keeps his preferences the same way they are in his
curent environment.
4.
Orca should be able to work with text-tools as well, (if accessed through
Gnome-terminal etc.
Thanks.
Regards, ---Keith.