Re: [orca-list] accessible youtube client

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 01:45:47AM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:
There's also a neat tool called youtube-dl which downloads the content
to be played and then you just play it with the player of your
choice.  I've only used it a couple times but worked for me at the
console great.  It doesn't put an extension on the downloaded file so
I'm not sure what exactly format it is but it seems to be mp3 for what
I've guessed and that gues worked for me with mplayer.

If you are using a recent version of youtube-dl, it will fetc the best quality video available for the given
video URL. The bigger the file, the more high quality it is. There are command-line arguments you can use to
choose what quality video you want. Youtube videos either have AAC or MP3 audio compression, and VP6 or H264
video compression.

Luke