Re: [orca-list] Does Orca not respect role="application" on anything other than body elements?

Hey Nolan.

I have made this change. If you are in browse mode, you can arrow up to
and beyond the role="application" element, but not in it.

As I indicated in my earlier response to you, if you are in focus mode
and Firefox's native caret navigation is enabled, you can arrow into the
content from your test case. This is not Orca's fault. Firefox's caret
navigation does that. Orca just tells you it has happened. It is up to
the web author/developer to keep that from happening in the first place.

Lastly, I agree wholeheartedly that there should be some way of
disabling this behavior so that an author misusing role="application"
does not keep Orca users from reading the content therein. I've
addressed this with a sticky browse mode. This use case was not what
motivated sticky browse mode, but seeing as how I was going to add
sticky browse mode anyway, this seemed like a reasonable place to
override broken authoring.

I hope what I've done is what you want and expect. Please let me know.
Thanks!

--joanie