Re: [orca-list] State OF Orca/Kubuntu?

Howdy Jace,

Well if you really refer to kubuntu, the Ubuntu KDE spin, i have to say KDE Plasma has still a long road to
walk to be accessible. You do currently better using mate or gnome.

Special the main menu is not accessible in its current state (as it doesn’t send focus change events, the fix
is not so trivial currently as the mainmenu doesn’t has an focus handling but simulates the focus only with
an transparent highlighted  area) I will post on the list when i completed my work on plasmas main menu. This
would not make KDE a gamechanger for accessibility yet but it starts be initial useful.

Fun fact, KDE Plasma owns 2 alternative main menus what are already initial  accessible. Sadly the way how
you can change the main menu isn't accessible as well...

Cheers chrys