Re: [Planner Dev] 0.13 thoughts

Hi guys!

Sorry for not answering before ;-)

El mar, 28-09-2004 a las 22:00, Brian Skahan escribió:
> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 09:07 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> > Hi!

> > > I'm not sure we should enable it by default yet, it needs a bit of
> > > tweaking to the UI I think, and some more testing.
> > >

> I checked out the CVS to try, and it rocks.  trying to break it now.

Have you find some way to break it? Two days ago I can break it if you
don't have evolution setup and, after launching Planner, you setup your
evolution configuration. I need to check if I can reproduce it.

> Some thought for the e-d-s UI:
>
> Would it be feasible remove the evo import dialog from the file menu.
> Instead, add a multi-select in the project properties dialog to choose
> one or more address books to auto complete on (similar to evo mail
> completion preferences).

Hmm, maybe the best reference for doing that is the contact lookup
applet for evolution. I will look a it to see if we can do something
similar.

http://www.burtonini.com/computing/contact-lookup-applet-0.9.tar.gz

I think the main point here is that you can have contacts from e-d-s and
also, others not in e-d-s. Evolution also does it when you send email to
to an address not in your addressbook so it could be done in a user
friendly way.

> Rather than importing individual contact from evo in a seperate dialog
> the resource dialog would autocomplete on name and email field.
>
> [resources view]
>
> -> add resource
>      * cursor is active in the "Name Field" (which isn't the behavior
> currently)
>
> -> start typing a name
>      * the name matches with a limiting dropdown similar to evo mail
>
> +> If the user presses Tab on a name, the name completes and fills in
> the known fields of the resource
>         (email and shorname) and focus moves to the next cell in the
> tree (type maybe).
>
> +> if the user presses Enter, the name and known info autocomplete and
> focus leaves the tree node.

And if the user press Enter but we can't find any contact like name the
user types, then we show a Add Contact menu entry and just store the
contact only in Planner if the user doesn't use the Add Contact action.
Right?

Cheers and thanks a lot Brian for your feedback.

-- Alvaro