Re: Changing XSL Code to Test

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 03:20:00PM -0300, Mario Mol wrote:
> Before I used --prefix=${HOME}/local but when i ran make i got this error:
>
> Assembler messages:
> Fatal error: can't create .libs/egg-recent-model.o: Permission denied
> make[3]: ** [egg-recent-model.lo] Erro 1
>

> And if i run make install i got this error:
> planner-svn/libtool: line 941: .libs/plannerui.exp: Permission denied
> libtool: install: error: relink `plannerui.la' with the above command before
> installing it
> make[2]: ** [install-pkgpyexecLTLIBRARIES] Erro 1

It looks like you've for instance run make as root first and afterwards
as a normal user. Because some files were created by root, the normal
user will not be able to modify or remove them anymore.

It's saying it cannot create .libs/egg-recent-model.o. Check who owns
that file or the .libs directory to see why.

If you work from a clean work area and never do any step as root, it
should work without problems.

Building planner as root should work just fine, it's just generally not
a good idea to do things as root if they require no root priviledges.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   griffon26 gentoo org    http://www.gentoo.org