Re: Feature freeze break request: small addition to Tomboy note synchronization (FTP support)

On 8/4/07, Sanford Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> Release team,
>
> I would like to apply the patch in bug #463440 [1], which adds support
   <snip>

Please ignore this request; I take it back.  I was not aware of the
serious compatibility problems that curlftpfs has with various
(randomly distributed, it seems) versions of libcurl.  Supposedly
these issues are fixed in the development releases of libcurl, but
that defeats the whole purpose of providing FTP support as more of an
"everyman" solution.

Basically, when mixed with the wrong version of libcurl, curlftpfs
hangs in a very bad way (most users would not know how to recover from
it without logging out).

Sorry for the noise,
Sandy