Re: mozilla, dbus-glib and moduleset questions :-)

Le mardi 13 février 2007, à 13:08, Elijah Newren a écrit :
> On 2/13/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> >Hey,
> >
> >(FWIW, I'm generating the 2.17.91 modulesets right now.)
>
> Did you and Kjartan switch releases, or am I remembering wrong who
> volunteered for which ones?  Either way, thanks for jumping on this.
> :)

It's just that I couldn't find Kjartan on IRC and there's no moduleset
right now, so it seems like a good idea to do it ;-)

> >I see that we're still using Mozilla 1.7.12 in
> >tarball-conversion.config. Shouldn't we move to Firefox or Seamonkey?
> >This version probably contains some security holes.
>
> Crap, I've been meaning to get back to this.  I've been manually
> replacing mozilla 1.7.12 by firefox 1.5.0.x in all the modulesets I
> have generated.  I've thinking we'd be able to switch the
> gnome-2.18.modules file to a tarball soon, and that really is the
> route we should take to fix this.  As per Christian's
> suggestion/request (see
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-September/msg00243.html),
> we really ought to be switching to xulrunner at some point rather than
> firefox.  However, 1.8.1 still isn't out (I think Christian said it
> would be in December?) and I haven't been able to get it to build.

Ah. I uploaded the modulesets, but didn't change this. Feel free to do
it.

> >Also, do someone know if moving to dbus-glib 0.72 would make it possible
> >to get rid of the patch we currently need (dbus-glib-build.patch)?
>
> I don't.
>
> >And last question (I should probably ask this one on d-d-l): I see that
> >there's some cruft in gnome-2.18.modules, which makes it quite big.
> >Would it make sense to have a moduleset file with only official GNOME
> >modules in there and another one with all the other modules that people
> >might want to build?
>
> Is this in terms of the 2.17.x modulesets being created by
> convert-to-tarballs.py?  It already strips all that extraneous stuff
> out (if it doesn't, then there's a bug).

This is about jhbuild :-) That's why I should ask on d-d-l and not here
;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.