Re: (Glade) Some last minute show stopper bugs

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
> <tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:
>

>> I just attatched a patch to fix the crasher also btw.
>>

> That fix looks obvious enough to me, so +1 for that.
> But I wonder if longer-term, you want to
>
> a) make sure that you always return an error if saving fail
>
> b) show the "Failed to save" message even if the error is not set
>
> ?

Yes its definitely a malformed statement (which is probably why
the bug slipped in) - the problem here is that glade_project_save()
returns FALSE with no error because internally it shows a dialog
if the project had versioning errors and the user aborted; what I
should probably do is try to avoid writing apis that pop up dialogs
implicitly altogether.

Thanks