Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox interface

Il ven, 2002-11-22 alle 16:14, Jorn Baayen ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 16:07, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 20:00, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > 4. Users cannot specify what song to play after the current one.
> > > Playlists are not enough here; if you are playing from the library, you
> > > want to be able to say which song is to play next.
> >
> > iTunes uses the order of the view to play songs. So if a tree is sorted
> > by name, it will play them in that order. It's the good way to do it,
> > IMO.
>
> Yeah, we do that too now. But if you're not playing from a playlist, you
> cannot specify which song to play next (unless it's the next track in
> the album, obviously :P ). This is the problem.
Mmmhhhhmmmhhhh this is the righ way.

If I'm playing from current layout library (shuffle disabled), select
next song isn't a good feature. Next song is the next in list following
ordering criteria.

IMHO "next play" isn't a good feature: when I want to play a song I
search it and play it. But if we want add a "next play" feature, or
whatever, lib isn't the right place.

Adding a "next play" feature need a "current playlist" view, IMO, and
this need to rethinking all interface, putting in main window only
"current playlist" and a way to load song in it from music sources (HD
[=lib or saved groups], CD, Internet Radios...), as in .glade file in my
other mail.... but now I find it less intuitive and simple then actual
interface :-)

Boh?!? Any feedback from usability@gnome.org?