Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 15:54, Rached Ben Mustapha wrote:
> Of course it would be nice to have an applet control rb's playback, etc,
> and let the tray icon (if it stays) just indicate rb's status. It seems
> like an interesting task.

Awesome, I'm glad you're interested in working on this.

> So I'm happily starting work on an applet. I'll see if real life lets me
> get somewhere :)
>
> Should I wait for some planned infrastructure work ?

Nope, you shouldn't need to wait to get started.  To begin, we need
several methods added to the Rhythmbox.idl interface.  Maybe something
like this:

void playPause ();

void stop ();

void show ();

void hide ();

This actually isn't very hard at all, and would be a good task for
someone wanting to learn the Rhythmbox codebase.

Then the control applet will just use these bonobo methods.