Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] changing info

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:09, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make the properties dialog entries editable using
> rb_node_set_property.  This is my first dip into the RB internals.
>
> The INTERNALS file says:
> "When you go into the song properties dialog and edit a song title,
> you're really changing the RB_NODE_PROP_NAME of an RBNode.  If you
> change the artist of an RBNode, it is reparented to the new artist
> (and a new album is created if necessary)."

Yeah, the reparenting is currently very manual.

> It seems like this stuff gets configured, for new files at least, in
> rb-library.c.  I imagine one way to do this would be for a node to emit
> a properties changed signal that can invoke a callback in rb-library.

Right.  It's possible - but just pretty gross at the moment, because
you'll have to start making callbacks into the node system, and you have
to worry about which nodes you've locked at what point, and whether
you're holding a read lock or a write lock.

You can look at how I did it for the iradio genre in
rb-iradio-backend.c.   The library will be a bit more complicated
because you have to handle genre/artist/album.

Anyways, this is something that I am working on with the node system
rewrite.