[Rhythmbox-devel] CD burning

Hi,

Rhythmbox just wrote its first album.  As far as the user is concerned,
there is a Burn CD... button in the File menu when a play list is
selected. Press that, select a writer, and off it goes.

At the moment this is a collection of hacks.  I've made changes to
nautilus-cd-burner (going to go upstream) so that any audio file can be
written.  I'll now iterate my changes again to clean them up and remove
the TODO comments.

There is one issue -- I use GStreamer directly instead of via
MonkeyMedia.  This is because what I need to do (generate 44.1kHz stereo
wave files) and what Monkey Media does are totally different.  If anyone
has a good solution to this, I could use monkey-media. The main things
blocking me were:

* I don't want the volume adjusted
* I *need* 16-bit 44.1KHz stereo little-endian .wav files
* Obviously I need the output in a file

Maybe this isn't an issue -- it depends on what the future of Monkey
Media and the Xine backend is.

Anyway, I'll get back to cleaning up my evil hacks...

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                      jabber: ross@jabber.debian.net