Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] A Christmas wish-list

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 17:20, Douglas McMorris wrote:

[Snip]

> > > 2) Full-screen mode.  It would be nice to be able to turn my laptop into
> > > a Rhythmbox appliance next to my stereo and have maximum screen
> > > utilization.
> >
> > I'm not sure that this would ever be done in rhythmbox... metacity does
> > have a fullscreen mode though.  It essentially stretches a window to fill
> > the screen and removes window decoration.  If you poke around in gconf,
> > you should find the setting for its keyboard shortcut

No need to poke around in gconf.  Main Menu->Applications->Desktop
Prefrences->Keyboard shortcuts.

> I have not yet switched from Sawfish so I wouldn't know.  Furthermore,
> I would have wished for a fuller fullscreen than what you describe,
> something like what Galeon provides.  No window decorations or border
> and obscuring all edge panels.

That's what this does.  I've been using it since Douglas mentioned that
metacity would let you do this (via gconf or some other means).  It
obscures my panel, and removes all window decorations.  It essentially
lets me give a virtual desktop over to a 1024x768 rhythmbox GUI.

--
Alex Goddard
agoddard at purdue.edu