Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] node tree structure

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 23:21, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 13:57, Jorn Baayen wrote:
>
> > Well, you cant expect to generate two very different structures with one
> > piece of code.
>
> I guess that's just the thing.  I don't really see them as having two
> different structures; just different properties.

Fair enough ;) I wholly disagree though ;)

> > It supports 'multiple levels/layers', and all properties, perfectly
> > fine, and I don't think it's complex at all - not sure how I could make
> > it easier. Just read that code man ;)
>
> The node filtering isn't the complex part, it is all the tree structure
> stuff.

But you were talking about querying on rating ;)

> > Yeah, let's have people install some sql first. Yay.
>
> All we would be doing is adding a dependency on the SQLite library; it
> doesn't require root privileges to set up or anything.  SQLite just uses
> a flat file, and provides SQL as a query language to search data in that
> file.  SQLite isn't like PostgreSQL or MySQL.  It's much more like
> BerkeleyDB with a query language.

Yaeh, like anyone has that installed. Have you ever tried to install
berkeleydb yourself? it's a pain. And I keep repeating this, I see no
reason to. Our performance is unlikely to improve much with it, since
this is not where the problems are, it would only make installation a
worse pain than ever before.