Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox: gstreamer vs xine

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 16:03, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm mailing to let you know I have been moving CVS Rhythmbox
> (monkey-media) to use xine instead of GStreamer.

I'd just like to say that if I had a vote, it would be to keep using
GStreamer.

Maybe what we could do is have two branches of monkey-media; one using
xine and one using gst, and try to keep them API compatible.  So people
will be able to compile rb with one or the other.  I can't promise a
lot, but I would probably be able to spend at least a little bit of time
on such a gst monkey-media branch.