Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: rhythmbox: gstreamer vs xine

As far as I understand the core doesn't support any kind of playback. It
is basically doing the scheduling etc. Support for different kinds of
playback come in the form of plug-ins. This means Red Hat can distribute
Gstreamer + playback plug-in for Ogg Vorbis, etc.

If you want to play MP3, all you need it to download the mp3 libs plus
the gstreamer mp3 plug-in, and now all your gstreamer apps will support
MP3 playback.

--Kenneth