Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] the future for Rhythmbox

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 14:33, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Heya Benjamin,
>
> I have my own ideas about that, having started the project in the first
> place, before Jorn took over, but it's not in my power to state one
> direction or another, having not written code for it in a long long
> time.

We'd love to have you back :)

> I have started working on a database backed library. The database is
> SQLite, and clearly, this looks like the way to go for me. Things like
> virtual playlists, and search become a doodle, one query away.

Awesome!  I think we should do at least one release of RB before we
start rewriting the database backend though.  It really shouldn't be too
hard to get simple playlists working again, I just haven't found a chunk
of time to sit down and do it.

> I also had plans on RB using the BaconVideoWidget, so that we would get
> things like fullscreen, and visualisation for free. This would clearly
> be a problem if GStreamer also did the metadata "tagging". Reading
> shouldn't be a problem though.

That also sounds cool to me.