RE: [Rhythmbox-devel] State Of The Rhythmbox

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 11:38, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > Hmm, I prefered the old one, but that is neither here nor there.
> > > Tell me you didn't just nuke the old one. I was planning on updating
> > > the install guide for the new release.
> >
> > I did, sorry.  Well, it's still in the rb-site CVS history I guess if
> > you want to use it for reference.
> >
> > Anyways, if you are going to be working on the web site, let me know
> > beforehand, because I still haven't decided on where to keep it in
> > revision control, and we'll want to work that out.
> >
> > > The old site just looked so much cooler...
> >
> > It did look cooler, I agree.  But it had three major problems:
> >
> > 1) PHP
> > 2) Complete lack of standards compliance
> > 3) Gross code (this tends to be tied directly to #1)
> >
> > Anyways, I will eventually get around to improving the new website,
> > probably by stealing more of Epiphany's layout.
>
> I didn't do the design but I wrote the code. It's not worse than some
> other code... I mean, what do you expect for a 5 pages website ;)
Why not just do a stylesheet and use a perl script server side
include... a simple perl script or two and a stylesheet and then you can
change the whole site later on and not have to redo the content or even
copy and paste... it would just work.  I'd be willing to do this... I've
got a fair amount of experience with it.
--
Douglas McMorris <virage83@mail.utexas.edu>