Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] album covers

fre 2003-05-16 klockan 09.12 skrev Daniel Borgmann:
> On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 07:24, Douglas McMorris wrote:

> > > Album cover near song name.. naaargh.. useless .. :)
> > >
> > > imho having two browser modes is pretty borked actually, but I think
> > > there must be some way to put album covers to use in a sensible way..
> >
> > There was some discussion long ago about having a small, skinnable
> > player mode... perhaps we could resurect this idea... this would be the
> > place for such eye-candy-esk features i think.
> >
> > that said... that would probably be crack and not a good solution.  what
> > if we just put it beside the artist and title (to the left) and have a
> > pref for it... if it takes up too much space for people they could leave
> > it off (make it off by default of course)
>
> Nah. ;) Here are two more ideas:
> 1) A special "albums view" which would show the albums as thumbnailed
> covers (not a list, but rather like a Nautilus icon view).

That'd actually not really work for big cd collections. We'd have to
find some way to sort or filter that...

> 2) I'm not sure if this was alread in Evolution 1.2 so this applies to
> Evolution 1.3:  If you create a new "group" in the shortcut bar, a new
> header is shown at the bottom. If you click this header, it smoothly
> scrolls to the top, exposing its contents. If you click on another
> header, the new group will scroll down again. That's  pretty cool. :D So
> what I'm thinking is, there could be a header "Albums" in the source
> list which is down by default and when clicked shows all your albums
> with cover thumbnails instead of your regular sources. I hope this made
> any sense to you now. ;)

Interesting one. While it wouldnt work for my several hundred albums we
could support 'group icons' or something, and make albums dragged to the
sidebar create a new playlist with the album cover as icon.

Cheers