Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox roadmap

On lun, 2003-10-13 at 18:17 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 17:10, Douglas McMorris wrote:
>

> > I think we should ellispize(wrong word, mean make shorter) album, artist,
> > and genre names in the browser.  horizontal scrollbars in those are pretty
> > nasty looking.  Another thing is that the headers for the browser should
> > be brought back.
>
> Both are done now in the latest arch.

ONLY in browser or in song list too? Sometimes the list is very bad :-(

IMHO the song list needs 1) more empty pixels between columns 2)
ellipsize labels when very long, i.e. an album title like "Never mind
the bollocks (here's the Sex Pistols)"

See attach

> > Another thing we should shoot for is better integration with
> > sound-juicer... is it supposed to be importing to the rb library?? b/c it
> > never has for me.
>
> It's supposed to work, I haven't tried it yet myself...

You can launch s-j, s-j will be rip cd, but will not add song to
library, you have to do it manually. Probably an IPC trouble :-(

song-list1.png

song-list2.png