Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] another crash dump - on startup this time

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 07:23, Andreas Fuchs wrote:

> * start it again. It read the updated artist/album information and sorts
>   it into the right classes. There are empty artists/albums lying
>   around, so I quit rhythmbox hoping that starting it again will remove
>   them.

Ok, that's definitely a bug.

> * start rhythmbox -> crash.

Does it crash *every* time?  Or just occasionally?

> RhythmDB-ERROR **: file rhythmdb-tree.c: line 875 (rhythmdb_tree_entry_insert): assertion failed: (!g_hash_table_lookup (db->priv->entries, new_uri))
> aborting...

Ah.  Hm.  Looks like you have duplicate entries in your database
somehow.  I do see a small (very unlikely to be hit) race condition
where if you try to add a directory at the same time it's being restored
from XML, you'll hit this assertion.  I doubt this is the cause of your
bug though.  But regardless, I've now changed it to just return.

Could you go up a few frames back into rhythmdb_tree_entry_insert, and
do: p uri

Then grep your ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml for that URI, and see if
it shows up twice.

This is a digitally signed message part