Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox artwork proposal and discussion

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 14:54, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> I'm playing a bit with latest rb HEAD, with new icons (well, plus the
> stock_channel.png added by hand): we need a better way to visually
> distinguish normal and automatic playlist. I'm not saying that current
> icons don't work, but, in example, a different bg color for paper can be
> useful. Or it can be visual noise... dunno  :-|

I would tend to agree.  I'm not sure what the best thing would be is
though.

> Beside you can't reorder items in source list, so playlists are listed
> in the same order you create them. IHMO is not so good. :-(

Yep, definitely a bug.  I tried to fix it, but...drag and drop is my
nemesis.  I kind of understand the general idea of course, but the
details about what can be dragged where, how to enable it, and how to
control the finer points I think are simply things that I have finally
come to accept that I will Never Really Know.

So is there some enterprising hacker out there that wants to take a
crack at user-orderable playlists?

One hint: the criteria for whether a source row can be dragged should be
rb_source_can_rename.

This is a digitally signed message part