Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] playlist source burner

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:37:50 -0400, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> I agree with Bastien about the temporary folder UI (and GConf key).
> nautilus-cd-burner just uses g_get_tmp_dir, this should be fine.  I
> don't see a reason why an even halfway modern system wouldn't have space
> for a CD image on the normal temporary directory paths.  And if they
> don't, then we can add some code to autodetect large local volumes.

Thin- (or slim-) client machines may have /tmp and other temporary
directories mounted as tmpfs, in which case they probably don't have
700MB of space, so please be careful with this assumption.

At our office we have several slim-client boxes. I can imagine people
wanting to be able to use a CD-burning feature to burn playlists from
our music share.

Have fun,

Peter