Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] UTF-8 issues still present

> but rhythmbox views the utf-8 characters as
> corrupted(?) and displays them as two separate characters.

This is characteristic of an UTF-8 which was considered as being
iso8859-1 encoded (in UTF-8, most 8 bit characters are coded on 2 bytes,
and in iso8859-1, 1 character is always 1 byte long).

> and the characters also display correctly.  I've verified that the file
> contains utf-8 text by looking at a hexdump of the file, so nothing is
> getting converted back to latin1.

id3v2 tags have a bit which specify whether a tag is UTF-8 encoded or
not. Is this bit properly set ? (see "ID3v2 frame overview" at
http://www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-structure.txt)

Hope that helps,

Christophe

> -
>
> Oh, and a pet peeve regarding right-clicking.  I select a bunch of songs
> in the list, and then go to right-click and delete them (which should
> probably be called "remove from list" or something so users don't think
> it will delete their files, too), but when I right-click, it unselect my
> selection and re-selects a single song.  Right-click shouldn't modify
> the selection if it's going to bring up a menu to act upon the
> selection.

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e=2E?=