[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Feature Request

Hi,

I am an avid user of Rhythmbox and there is one feature that I sorely miss in it: the lack of using the years with the albums. I would highly appreciate it if the default organization for an artist's albums was by their release dates. It would be best in my view if it simply listed the albums with their release dates in parenthesis, like for the Beatles, "Revolver (1966)" or "Let It Be (1970)". That seems like a vastly better way to arrange an artist's albums than alphabetically. Maybe I'm somewhat elitist or something and don't represent the general public, but I would really love this feature. Has there been any talk of this before? Would it be hard to implement?

Thanks very much for listening.
--Klinton Bicknell
klinton@uclink.berkeley.edu